What information should I give AWS Support for diagnosing CloudFront web distribution latency issues?
Last updated: 2021-12-01
I opened a technical support case with AWS Support to troubleshoot latency issues with my Amazon CloudFront web distribution. What information do I need to provide AWS Support?
Important: You must have a Developer, Business, or Enterprise Support plan to open a technical support case.
1. Get the Amazon CloudFront request IDs for the requests with latency issues. You can get the request IDs in one of these ways:
- From the X-Amz-Cf-Id HTTP response header returned by CloudFront. You can use utilities like cURL to retrieve the response header.
- From the CloudFront access log. The request ID is in field number 15 of a web distribution log file.
2. Measure how long it takes to download the object from CloudFront and how long it takes to download the object directly from the origin. Then, get the time difference between the two download methods.
3. Measure any latency from your DNS resolver.
Did this article help?
Do you need billing or technical support?