Why am I not getting Amazon SES bounce notifications from Amazon SNS?
Last updated: 2022-09-19
I turned on Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) notifications for whenever email that I send using Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) results in a bounce. However, I'm not getting bounce notifications from Amazon SNS.
Check the following:
- Verify that your Amazon SNS topic is in the same AWS Region as your Amazon SES identity (domain or email address). The topic and the identity must be in the same Region for bounce notifications to work.
- If you set up Amazon SNS notifications for a verified domain, then check whether email addresses within the domain are verified as separate identities. SNS notifications apply only to an individual Amazon SES identity that's verified in your account.
- In addition to creating the SNS topic, confirm that you also subscribed an endpoint to the topic to receive notifications.
- When you subscribe an email address to an SNS topic, you receive an email from Amazon SNS asking you to confirm the subscription. Check your email for this message, and then confirm the subscription.
- If the SNS topic is using AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS) encryption, then confirm that Amazon SES has permissions to the encryption key.
Important: Use the Amazon SES mailbox simulator email address to test or troubleshoot event notifications because these emails addresses are designed for testing. Bounces from the mailbox simulator address aren't counted in your account's metrics.