Amazon Web Services Blog« Blog Home
AWS Pop-up Loft - Returning in the Fall!
Earlier this year we opened up the AWS Pop-up Loft for a pilot run of almost four weeks in San Francisco. During that time, many AWS developers dropped in to network, listen, learn, work, and socialize. Some developers came and enjoyed the structured, scheduled events. Others came in with their laptops, found a quiet corner, and spent some time working on their code.
During my three day stint at The Loft, I met a number of interesting entrepreneurs and spent time learning about their plans to change the world. For example, I spoke with Cosmo Mielke of infino.me to learn more about his citizen science experiment. He's working to use Big Data to understand the interaction between genetics and lifestyle in an effort to prevent diseases and prolong lives.
I am happy to announce that The Loft will reopen in the fall! Based on the feedback that we received during the pilot in June, we have fine-tuned the model to make it even more valuable for you. Here are some of the things that you will be able to do at The Loft:
- Meet 1:1 with an AWS technical expert.
- Learn about AWS through product sessions.
- Gain hands-on experience through instructor-led Technical Bootcamps.
- Sharpen your AWS skills through self-paced, hands-on labs.
- Attend special evening events including talks with successful startups and networking opportunities (past speakers have represented Twilio, Coin, Hearsay Social, CoreOS, and Chef).
To make sure that you know about all of the goings-on at The Loft, I'd encourage you to sign up for email alerts. We'll let you know when the doors are open, and we'll send you the information that you'll need to plan your visit(s).