How do I create an Android platform application in Amazon SNS for push notifications?
Last updated: 2021-06-03
I want to create a platform application in Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) to send push notifications to Android devices. How do I set that up?
Note: Amazon SNS push notifications aren't available in all AWS Regions. For more information, see Mobile push notifications.
Add your project to Firebase
Note: To create your Android platform application in Amazon SNS, you must have credentials from Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM).
Follow the instructions in Step 1: Create a Firebase project on the Firebase website.
Copy your FCM project's API key
1. In the Firebase console, choose your project.
2. In the left navigation pane, choose the gear icon, and then choose Project settings.
3. Choose Cloud Messaging.
4. Under Project credentials, find the Server key. This your FCM project's API key. Copy it to your clipboard.
Create a platform application in Amazon SNS
1. Open the Amazon SNS console.
2. In the left navigation pane, choose Mobile. Then, choose Push notifications.
3. On the Mobile push notifications page, next to Platform applications, choose Create platform application.
4. On the Create platform application page, under Details, do the following:
For Application name, enter the name of your application.
For Push notification platform, choose Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM).
Under Firebase Cloud Messaging Credentials, for API key, enter the server key that you copied earlier.
6. Choose Create platform application.
Note: To send push notifications using the Android platform application, follow the instructions in Mobile push notifications.