How do I install the AWS SCT and database drivers for Windows?
Last updated: 2018-12-18
How do I install the AWS Schema Conversion Tool (AWS SCT) and database drivers for Windows?
The AWS SCT automatically converts the source database schema and most custom code to a format that's compatible with the target database. Any data that can't be converted is marked so that you can convert the data manually.
First, install the AWS SCT on your local system, and then install the required database driver.
Install the AWS SCT
Note: The following steps are for Windows OS to install AWS SCT.
- Download the zip folder, for example, aws-schema-conversion-tool-1.0.latest.
- Extract the AWS Schema Conversion Tool .msi file, for example, AWS Schema Conversion Tool-build-number.msi.
- Open the folder.
- Run the AWS SCT installer file.
Install the database driver
Note: The following steps install the database drivers for an environment running MySQL with a Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver for Windows.
- Download the connector from your database engine's documentation. For more information, see Installing the Required Database Drivers.
- Select JDBC Driver for MySQL, and then choose Download.
- Download the platform independent (architecture independent) ZIP archive or TAR archive.
- Unzip the file, for example, mysql-connector-java-5.1.42.
- Create a directory and move the files to the new directory, for example, C:\java-5-1-42.
- Note or copy that file location.
Set the driver location globally in SCT
- Open AWS SCT, and from Settings, choose Global Settings.
- Choose Drivers.
- In the MySql Driver Path, choose Browse.
- Go to the location of your driver that you noted previously, for example, C:\java-5-1-42.
- Open the folder and choose the executable jar file, for example, mysql-connector-java-5.1.42-bin.
- Choose OK.