How do I create an AWS Storage Gateway file gateway using Amazon EC2 as the host platform?
Last updated: 2020-06-29
I want to create an AWS Storage Gateway to store files on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). How do I create this file gateway using Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) as the host platform?
Note: This resolution explains how to create a file gateway with Amazon EC2, but the steps are similar for an on-premises deployment. For more information, see Creating a file gateway.
- Open the Storage Gateway console, and then choose Create gateway.
Note: If you have no existing gateways in the AWS Region, choose Get started to be routed to the Create gateway wizard page.
- For Select gateway type, choose File gateway. Then, choose Next.
- For Select host platform, choose Amazon EC2. Then, choose Launch instance. You are redirected to the EC2 console.
- In the Amazon EC2 console, configure the EC2 instance as a host for the file gateway.
- Proceed with the steps to connect to the file gateway, activate the file gateway, configure local disks, and configure logging.
- Create the file share.