How do I resolve the "maximum number of failed attempts" error when I try to verify my AWS account by phone?
Last updated: 2022-02-21
When I try to phone-verify my account, I get an error similar to the following: “You have exceeded the maximum number of failed attempts at PIN verification that we allow. Your registration cannot proceed at this time.” How do I resolve this issue?
AWS Support can help you to manually activate your account:
- Sign in to your AWS account using the email address and password that you specified when creating your account.
- Open the AWS Support console, and then choose Create case.
- Choose Account and Billing Support.
- For Type, select Account.
- For Category, select Activation.
- In the Case description section, provide a date and time when you can be reached.
- In the Contact options section, select Chat for Contact methods.
- Choose Submit.
AWS Support will contact you and attempt to manually activate your account.