My public virtual interface is stuck in the "Verifying" state. How can I get it approved?
Last updated: 2020-02-20
I created a public virtual interface, but it's still in the "Verifying" state. How can I get my public virtual interface approved?
When you create a public virtual interface, the following information is subject to approval by the AWS Direct Connect team:
- The BGP Autonomous System Number (only if it is a public ASN)
- The Public peer IP addresses
- The Public prefixes that you plan to advertise over the virtual interface
Before approving this information, the AWS Direct Connect team must verify your ownership of the public IP prefixes and BGP ASN. The team verifies ownership by confirming that the regional registry information belongs to the organization listed in your AWS account.
[Company Letterhead] LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION (LOA) [Date] To whom it may concern, This letter serves as authorization for [AWS Account Name] with Account Number: [AWS Account Number for the Public VIF] to advertise the following IP address blocks over the AWS Public Virtual Interface [vif-xxxxx]: [IP address/CIDR] As a representative of [IP Owner Company Name], the owner of these subnets, I hereby declare that I'm authorized to represent and sign for this LOA. From, [Full Name] [Designation] [IP Owner Company Name] [IP Owner email ID]
When you have the LOA:
1. Open the DX console using the AWS account that owns the public virtual interface.
2. In the navigation bar, choose Support, Support Center.
3. If your Support plan is Basic, choose Account and billing support. For Type, choose General Info and Getting Started. For Category, choose Using AWS & Services. For Severity, choose General Question.
If you have any other type of Support plan, then for Service, choose Direct Connect. For Category, choose Connection Issue. For Severity, choose General Guidance.
4. Enter a Subject and Description. For Attachments, upload your LOA.
5. Choose Submit.
Your case is forwarded to the DX team to complete the verification and approval process.