What can I do if my domain is stuck in the "pending verification" status in Amazon SES?
Last updated: 2019-08-20
I'm trying to verify a new domain with Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES). I incorrectly defined the TXT record, but then I corrected it. However, the verification status in Amazon SES is now stuck in "pending verification". How can I fix this?
You can re-trigger the verification process by re-creating the domain identity in Amazon SES. Follow these steps:
- Confirm that the TXT record for your domain is resolvable through your DNS service.
- Re-verify the domain on Amazon SES.
Confirm that the TXT record for your domain is resolvable through your DNS service
Test your domain using a DNS query tool. As an example, you can run a dig query to test the TXT record of your domain, similar to the following:
$ dig TXT _amazonses.domain.com +short
For a Windows operating system, you can run an nslookup query to test the TXT record, using a command similar to the following:
nslookup -type=TXT _amazonses.domain.com
The DNS query for the TXT record of your domain (for example, _amazonses.domain.com) should return the TXT record value that you see in the Amazon SES console. The value of the TXT record looks similar to the following:
If the value in the response doesn't match the value in the Amazon SES console, then see Verifying a Domain With Amazon SES. After you correct the problem with the mismatching values, test the TXT record of your domain again.
Re-verify the domain on Amazon SES
If your domain's TXT record is resolvable through your DNS service and the verification status is still pending verification, then try re-verifying your domain. Follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon SES console.
- From the AWS Region selector in the navigation bar, select the Region that your domain is in.
- From the list of Domain identities, select the domain that's stuck in pending verification. Then, choose Remove.
- In the Remove Identities dialog box, choose Yes, Delete Identity.
- Choose Verify a New Domain. Then, re-enter the domain that's stuck in pending verification.
- Choose Verify This Domain.
- Wait for the domain's Verification Status to change to verified.