How can I find which Availability Zones I can use in my account?
Last updated: 2019-07-23
I want to use an Availability Zone, but it's unavailable for my account. How can I find which Availability Zones I can use in my account?
As Availability Zones grow, the ability for AWS to expand them can become constrained. As a result, you might notice that:
- Your account has fewer available Availability Zones than what's publicly listed.
- One of your accounts has a different number of available Availability Zones in a Region than another account.
To determine which Availability Zones you can use in each of your accounts, follow the steps below.
To find which Availability Zones you can use to launch resources in your account:
- Open the Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (Amazon EC2) console.
- From the navigation bar, view the options in the Region selector.
- On the navigation pane, choose EC2 Dashboard.
- In the Service Health section, view the list of Availability Zones under Availability Zone Status.
Or, run the following command in the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) to generate a list of Availability Zones in your account.
Note: Be sure to replace region-name with your Region's name. For example, ap-northeast-1.
aws ec2 describe-availability-zones --region-name