How do I troubleshoot keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces?
Last updated: 2019-12-18
My keyboard isn't responding or I have keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces. How can I fix this?
To troubleshoot keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces, follow these steps:
Note: Confirm that the keyboard works as expected when using local machine to rule out an issue with the keyboard hardware.
If you are using macOS Catalina 10.15, see Amazon WorkSpaces macOS Client Application.
- Verify that you are using the latest Amazon WorkSpaces client.
- Reboot the WorkSpace from the Amazon WorkSpaces console.
- Disable any secure keyboard features that are enabled in antivirus software settings.
Note: Secure keyboard configuration prevents other applications on your computer or the network from detecting and recording what is typed in a particular application. Review the documentation for your antivirus software for instructions on how to disable secure keyboard.
- Disable any custom key remapping applications.
- If you're using an international keyboard for a Windows WorkSpace, verify that the keyboard layout on the WorkSpace and the client match.
macOS only: If enabled, the Secure Keyboard Entry option on macOS can prevent the Amazon WorkSpaces client from receiving input from the operating system. To disable Secure Keyboard Entry on macOS, follow these steps:
- Open a Terminal window.
- On the menu bar, choose Terminal, then clear Secure Keyboard Entry.