How do I troubleshoot keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces?
Last updated: 2020-09-18
My keyboard isn't responding or I have keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces. How can I fix this?
To troubleshoot keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces, follow these steps:
Note: If you are using macOS Catalina 10.15, see Amazon WorkSpaces macOS client application.
- Confirm that the keyboard works as expected when using local machine to rule out an issue with the keyboard hardware.
- Verify that you are using the latest Amazon WorkSpaces client.
- Reboot the WorkSpace from the Amazon WorkSpaces console.
- Disable any secure keyboard features in your antivirus software settings.
Note: Secure keyboard configuration prevents other applications on your computer or the network from detecting and recording what you type in a particular application. Review the documentation for your antivirus software for instructions on how to disable secure keyboard.
- Disable any custom key remapping applications.
- If you're using an international keyboard for a Windows WorkSpace, verify that the keyboard layout on the WorkSpace and the client match.
macOS only: If enabled, the Secure Keyboard Entry option on macOS can prevent the Amazon WorkSpaces client from receiving input from the operating system. To disable Secure Keyboard Entry on macOS, follow these steps:
- Open a Terminal window.
- On the menu bar, choose Terminal, then clear Secure Keyboard Entry.