How do I troubleshoot keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces?
Last updated: 2019-04-22
My keyboard is not responding or I have keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces. How can I fix this?
To troubleshoot keyboard issues when using Amazon WorkSpaces, follow these steps:
Note: Be sure to check that the keyboard works as expected when using local machine to rule out an issue with the keyboard hardware.
- Verify that you are using the latest Amazon WorkSpaces client.
- Restart the WorkSpace from the Amazon WorkSpaces console.
- Disable any secure keyboard features that are enabled in antivirus software settings.
- Disable any custom key remapping applications.
- If you are using an international keyboard for a Windows WorkSpace, verify that the keyboard layout on the WorkSpace and the client match.
macOS only: If enabled, the Secure Keyboard Entry option on macOS can prevent the Amazon WorkSpaces client from receiving input from the operating system. To disable Secure Keyboard Entry on macOS, follow these steps:
- Open a Terminal window.
- On the menu bar, choose Terminal, then clear Secure Keyboard Entry.