How can I increase my ACM service quota?
Last updated: 2022-06-08
I want to increase my service quota for AWS Certificate Manager (ACM). How can I do this?
You can request an increase to ACM service quotas (formerly called service limits) by any of these options:
- AWS Support dashboard
- Service Quotas dashboard
- AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI)
Note: If you receive errors when running AWS CLI commands, make sure that you’re using the most recent version of the AWS CLI.
AWS Support dashboard
- Open the AWS Support dashboard.
- Choose Service Limit Increase.
- In Case details, Choose the Limit type dropdown list, and then choose Certificate Manager.
Important: ACM service quotas affect one Region at a time. You must request service quota increases in each AWS Region where you need more resources.
- (Optional) To request multiple service quota increases at the same time, complete one quota increase request in the Requests section, and then choose Add another request.
- Choose Submit.
Service Quotas dashboard
- Open the Service Quotas dashboard.
- In the navigation pane, choose AWS services.
- In AWS services, enter AWS Certificate Manager (ACM).
- In Quota name, choose the required service quota.
- Choose Request quota increase.
- In Change quota value, enter the value, and then choose Request.
- Run the get-service-quota command to check the applied quota value for the service you want to increase.
- Request a quota increase using the request-service-quota-increase command.
- Run the get-requested-service-quota-change command to check the status of a pending request.
Note: It's a best practice to proactively monitor and manage your service quotas to be sure that you have enough quotas to support your usage requirements. Requests for service quota increases are subject to review by AWS engineering teams. Service quota increase requests aren't processed immediately after you submit a request. You receive an email after your request is processed.
For more information, see Creating a service quota increase.