How do I remove contacts from a callback queue in Amazon Connect?
Last updated: 2022-11-14
I want to remove all contacts in my Amazon Connect contact center's callback queue. How do I do that?
To remove all contacts from a callback queue, you can remove specific contacts from a callback queue using the StopContact API. It's a best practice to use this method.
If you can't use the StopContact API, you can:
- Manually answer the contacts in the queue.
- Wait 7 to 14 days for Amazon Connect to remove the contacts automatically.
- Deactivate the callback queue. Then, create a new callback queue to replace the deactivated queue. After you create the new callback queue, make sure that you do the following:
- In the contact flow that you're using for queued callbacks, make sure that you change the Set working queue parameter to the new queue. For instructions, see Create a flow for queued callbacks.
- Add the new callback queue to your agents' routing profile.
Important: If you choose to deactivate the callback queue, keep in mind the following:
- Deactivating the callback queue doesn't remove the contacts from the queue. Deactivating the queue only prevents new contacts from being added to the queue.
- If the Set working queue parameter isn't changed in the associated contact flow, then Amazon Connect doesn't create new callback contacts.
- Any APIs that use the previous queue's Amazon Resource Name (ARN) must be updated with the new callback queue's ARN. For example: the GetMetricData action.
For more information, see Set up routing in the Amazon Connect Administrator Guide.