How do I delete or terminate an Amazon ECS service?
Last updated: 2022-04-27
I want to delete or terminate an Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) using the console.
To delete an Amazon ECS service, do the following:
- Access the Amazon ECS console.
- Select the AWS Region for your ECS service.
- In the navigation pane, choose Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, select the cluster for the service.
- On the Cluster: name page, choose the Services tab.
- Select the services, and then choose Delete.
- When prompted, enter delete me. Then, choose Delete.
The service automatically scales down to zero.
Important: Elastic Load Balancing or service discovery resources associated with the service aren't affected by the service deletion. To delete your Elastic Load Balancing resources, see Delete an Application Load Balancer or Delete a Network Load Balancer, depending on your load balancer type.