The AWS Government Partner Program provides high-value, government-focused marketing, technical, and business enablement tools to support partners who serve the unique needs of government customers. The program targets Standard and higher tier APN Consulting and Technology partners with a strong emphasis in government.
Learn more about the AWS Government Partner Program, benefits, and how to get started below.
In addition to the benefits you receive as an APN partner, AWS Government Partners also qualify for the below program benefits:
Partners accepted in the AWS Government Partner Program qualify for a variety of marketing benefits, including: placement in the AWS Partner Directory as an AWS Government Partner, use of the designated AWS Government Partner Logo, priority invitations and access to AWS WWPS partner events, and more.
To get started in the AWS Government Partner Program, partners must register with the AWS Partner Network (APN). Follow the steps below to complete APN registration and receive access to the APN Portal.
- APN Partner Registration: Complete the partner registration based on your firm’s primary business type:
- Log in to the APN Portal: Once registered, your firm will receive an email with your APN Portal login credentials and temporary password. Using those credentials, log in to the APN Portal
- Add Portal Users: To add APN Portal users from your firm, send the APN Portal Self-Registration link to activate their logins
- Update Partner Scorecard: Track your firm’s AWS success (customer wins, training, etc.) via your Partner Scorecard in the APN Portal
Have Additional Questions? Search the APN Knowledge Base.
In order to apply to the AWS Government Partner Program, partners must demonstrate knowledge and expertise of AWS services and support the technical needs of customers. Interested applicants are encouraged to complete the below steps before submitting their program application:
- Earn APN Partner Accreditations: APN offers partners e-learning courses to help enable technical and business individuals to deepen their knowledge of AWS services. Accreditation courses are available online at no cost via the APN Portal. Follow the steps below to earn AWS Technical Professional & AWS Business Professional Accreditations:
- Step #1: Log in to the APN Portal
- Step #2: Click on “Training” from top navigation
- Step #3: Click “AWS Training Portal”
- Step #4: Complete AWS Technical & Business Professional Accreditation courses and quizzes
- Earn AWS Certifications: Get validation for your proven experience with AWS. AWS Certifications recognize IT professionals who demonstrate the skills and technical knowledge necessary for designing, deploying, and managing applications on AWS. We offer certification across technical roles and levels of proficiency. Visit the links below to learn more about AWS Certifications, find exam prep resources, and to schedule your exam.
- Sign up for AWS Support: AWS recommends that all partners have at least baseline technical support from AWS in order to serve their end customers on AWS. To select an AWS Support plan to best fit your firm’s needs, please review Support Plans and pricing here.
- Upgrade your APN Membership: Once your firm meets APN’s Standard tier requirements, apply to Upgrade to receive additional APN benefits. Partners interested in Upgrading their APN membership, can submit their application by following the below steps:
- Government Contracts: In order to be eligible for the AWS Government Program, partners are required to demonstrate ≥ 2 government prime contracts (Federal, State, or Local) available for use by AWS Government Customers.
- Public Sector Customers: Government Partners are required to have ≥ 2 AWS Public Sector Customer References. Track your AWS Customer References via your Partner Scorecard in the APN Portal.
- Reselling to Government Customers: If your firm wishes to resell AWS to government customers and is already a qualified AWS Channel Reseller, you must qualify for and execute all necessary Government Addendum(s) to the AWS Reseller Agreement.
Partners who’ve registered with APN and established their AWS government practice are encouraged to apply for the AWS Government Partner Program. Follow the steps below to submit your firm’s application:
- Update Partner Scorecard: Before submitting your AWS Government application, please make sure your firm’s Partner Scorecard is up-to-date. To access your Partner Scorecard, login to the APN Portal and click on “View Partner Scorecard” found in the left navigation.
- Submit AWS Government Application: Once your firm’s Partner Scorecard has been updated, please submit the Government Program application found in the APN portal. After your application has been submitted, a member of the AWS Public Sector Team will reach out with next steps.
If your firm has any questions regarding the program or application, please review the APN Knowledge Base.
The AWS Authorized Government Reseller designation enables APN Standard and Advanced Reseller Partners to receive additional recognition as an Authorized Government Reseller. Learn more and find out if your firm is eligible below.
To be eligible your company must at a minimum:
- Be enrolled as an APN Partner at the either the Standard or Advanced tiers
- Have executed all necessary Government addendum(s) to the AWS Reseller Agreement
- US State/Local/Education: must have at least 1 government contract at the State or Local level where AWS is eligible for resale
- US Federal: Must have at least 2 government contracts at the Federal level where AWS is eligible for resale
- International: Must have at least 2 government or education contracts where AWS is eligible for resale
- Must have a dedicated government sales, technical and support organization
- Must have at least 1 public sector AWS customer reference