What do I need to know if my Free Tier period with AWS is expiring?
Last updated: 2022-05-02
I received an email notifying me that the Free Tier period for my account is expiring. Do I need to do anything?
When your Free Tier period with AWS expires, you can continue to use services or stop using services.
- If you continue using AWS services, then all resources on your account are billed at On-Demand rates.
- If you stop using AWS services, then you must take additional actions to avoid incurring charges.
Continue using AWS services
Review the resources that you're using on a monthly basis.
To view your monthly charges, do the following:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console, and then open the AWS Billing and Cost Management console.
- In the navigation pane, on the left hand side, choose Bills.
- For Date, choose a month.
Then, check the AWS Pricing for any resources that you're using to decide what to keep. If you accept that the resources on your account are billed at On-Demand rates, you don't need to take any action.
You can use the AWS Pricing Calculator to estimate your monthly bill when AWS Free Tier has expired.
Stop using AWS services
If you don't want to incur charges, do the following: