Posted On: Jan 26, 2017
April 2017 -- This Quick Start has been updated for Alfresco Content Services version 5.2 and now provides Amazon Aurora support. For more information, see the Quick Start for Alfresco Content Services.
This new Quick Start automatically deploys an Alfresco One cluster on the AWS Cloud. The Quick Start was created by AWS in partnership with Alfresco Software, to integrate solutions and services from both companies.
Alfresco One is an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system that is used for document and case management, project collaboration, web content publishing, and compliant records management. The flexible compute, storage, and database services that AWS offers make it an ideal platform for Alfresco One. This Quick Start presents an enterprise-grade Alfresco One configuration that you can adapt to virtually any scenario, and scale up, down, or out, depending on your use case.
The Quick Start architecture includes the following components:
- Highly available Alfresco One servers and Index servers deployed across two Availability Zones within your selected region. The servers take advantage of Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing, with CPU-based thresholds that you can customize.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for shared file storage.
- Amazon Relational Database System (Amazon RDS) for MySQL with Multi-AZ enabled for the shared database. If you expect your database to exceed 6 TiB and you don’t require multi-region replication, you can also switch to Amazon Aurora.
The Alfresco One deployment is automated by nested AWS CloudFormation templates. The templates call custom Chef cookbooks to automate installation and configuration tasks for Alfresco One. The Quick Start gives you a option to either build a new AWS environment for Alfresco One or use your existing AWS environment.
The Quick Start also includes a deployment guide, which describes the reference architecture, provides step-by-step instructions for deploying the Quick Start, and discusses Alfresco One customization options in detail.
To get started with Alfresco One on AWS, use the following resources:
- View architecture and details
- View the deployment guide
- Browse and launch other AWS Quick Start Reference Deployments
About Quick Starts
Quick Starts are automated reference deployments for key workloads on the AWS Cloud. Each Quick Start launches, configures, and runs the AWS compute, network, storage, and other services required to deploy a specific workload on AWS, using AWS best practices for security and availability. This is the latest in a series of Quick Starts built by AWS in collaboration with AWS partners to automate the deployment of popular products and technologies on AWS.