Posted On: Mar 29, 2018
AWS is pleased to release a major update to the Red Hat OpenShift Quick Start reference deployment.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform uses Docker containers, Kubernetes orchestration, and the container-optimized Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system to help developers and IT create and deploy their apps.
This latest update includes the following enhancements:
- Support for OpenShift Container Platform version 3.7
- Auto Scaling
- Option to use AWS Service Broker for direct access to AWS services from the OpenShift Container Platform
- Support for Amazon Route 53 as a DNS service
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) for persistent storage
- Support for Hawkular for cluster metrics
To try out the updated Red Hat OpenShift Quick Start, use the following resources:
- View the architecture and details
- View the deployment guide for step-by-step instructions
- Download the AWS CloudFormation templates that automate the deployment
- Browse and launch other AWS Quick Start reference deployments
Quick Starts are automated reference deployments that use AWS CloudFormation templates to deploy key technologies on AWS, following AWS best practices.