Prior Version(s) of Amazon FSx Service Level Agreement – Not Currently In Effect
Last Updated: January 16, 2019
This Amazon FSx Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of the Included Services (listed below) and applies separately to each account using the Included Services. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the “Agreement”), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
- Amazon FSx for Windows File Server
- Amazon FSx for Lustre
AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Included Services each available with the applicable Monthly Uptime Percentage during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event an Included Service does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
Service Commitments and Service Credits
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for the applicable Included Service in the AWS region affected for the monthly billing cycle in which the AWS region Unavailability occurred in accordance with the schedule below.
We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments otherwise due from you for the applicable Included Service. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the Unavailability occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from AWS. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide the Included Services is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the AWS Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
1. The words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
2. The dates and times of each Unavailability incident that you are claiming;
3. The File System IDs, if applicable, of the affected file systems; and
4. Your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit
Amazon FSx SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of an Included Service, or any other Included Service performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the applicable Included Service; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (iv) that result from failures of individual Amazon FSx for Lustre file systems not attributable to an AZ-wide failure; (v) that result from you not following the current technical documentation applicable to the Included Services (including the applicable developer guides) as posted by us and updated by us from time to time on the AWS Site; (vi) that result from a suspension or termination of your right to use the applicable Included Service in accordance with the Agreement; or (vii) that result from any Maintenance as provided for pursuant to the Agreement (collectively, the “Amazon FSx SLA Exclusions”). If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- “Availability Zone” and “AZ” mean an isolated location within an AWS region identified by a letter identifier following the region code (e.g., us-west-1a).
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of minutes during the month in which an Included Service is Unavailable. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any Amazon FSx SLA Exclusion. If you have been running an Included Service file system for only part of a month, that file system is assumed to be 100% available during the portion of the month that it was not running.
- An “Operation” is an instruction that allows you to access your data in your Included Service file system.
- A “Service Credit” is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible Included Service account.
- “Unavailable” and “Unavailability” mean:
- For Amazon FXs for Windows File Server, that all Operations for both file systems in a replicated pair of file systems in separate AZs fail during a 1-minute interval.
- For Amazon FSx for Lustre:
- For AWS regions with only one AZ, that all Operations in that AZ and in one AZ in any other AWS region fail during a 1-minute interval.
- For all other AWS regions, that all Operations in more than one AZ within the same AWS region fail during a 1-minute interval.