Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: Aug 30, 2023
This Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the “Agreement”), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict.
AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.9% for each AWS region during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
Service Credits are calculated in accordance with the schedule below as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink in the affected AWS region for the billing cycle in which the Monthly Uptime Percentage fell within the ranges set forth in the table below.
Monthly Uptime Percentage
Service Credit Percentage
Less than 99.9% but greater than or equal to 99.0%
Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%
|Less than 95.0%||
We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments otherwise due from you for the service. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink did not meet the Service Commitment. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from AWS. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the AWS Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line
- the billing cycle and AWS region with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits together with the dates and times of each incident that you claim Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink was not Available; and
- your Request logs that document the claimed incident(s) when Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink did not meet the Service Commitment (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage applicable to the month of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the applicable Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink, or any other performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink service; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions from you; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology; (iv) that result from a restart of an Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink application; or (v) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink in accordance with the Agreement. If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our calculation of Monthly Uptime Percentage, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion
- “Availability” or “Available” means:
- For a given Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink application, the percentage of 5-minute intervals during a monthly billing cycle in which, at any point during the 5-minute interval, the application is either (a) in a non-running state or (b) in a running state and available to process data.
- An “Error” is any Request that returns a 500 or 503 error code, as described in the Common Errors page on the AWS Site.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated for a given AWS region as follows:
- For Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink
- the average of the Availability for all of your Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink applications in a monthly billing cycle.
- For Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink
- The calculation of Monthly Uptime Percentage excludes unavailability that arises directly or indirectly as a result of any Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink SLA Exclusions.
- A “Request” is a customer-initiated action of a type specifically listed as being supported in the Amazon Managed Service for Apache Flink API Reference Documentation on the AWS Site.
- A “Service Credit” is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible account.