How do I transfer my account to another person or business?
Last updated: 2020-04-21
How do I transfer the ownership of my AWS account and its associated resources to another party?
To transfer the ownership of your AWS account or change the AWS account root user login information, you must have the email address and password for your AWS account root user.
Transfer AWS account root user access to an individual account
To transfer your AWS account root access and change the account and billing information on that account to another individual account, do the following:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console as the root user.
- On the navigation bar, choose your account name, and then choose My Account.
- Choose Edit next to Account Settings.
- Choose Edit next to the field to update the existing account credentials to use the login credentials for the new root user.
- Choose Save Changes after updating the field.
- After changing the account credentials, choose Done.
The account is updated to allow the new user to log in as the AWS account root user.
Transfer ownership to a different party or organization
To assign ownership of an AWS account and its resources to another party or organization, contact AWS Support for help:
- Open the AWS Support Center.
- Choose Create case.
- Enter the details of your case: Choose Account and billing support. For Type, choose Account. For Category, choose Ownership Transfer. For all other fields, enter the details for your case.
- For Preferred contact language, choose your preferred language.
- For Contact methods, choose your preferred contact method.
- Choose Submit.
AWS Support will contact you and help you transfer your account ownership.
If you belong to the AWS Solution Provider Program, then consult your partner development manager for additional information on this process.