Posted On: Jul 12, 2018
11 new AWS Public Datasets are now available for researchers and developers interested in life sciences, finance, environmental science, astronomy, voice recognition, and geographic information systems.
- The Allen Brain Observatory – Visual Coding from the Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Eurex and Xetra Trading Data from Deutsche Börse
- Cornell EAS Data Lake provided by the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EAS) at Cornell
- ECMWF’s ERA5 Reanalysis Data provided by PlanetOS
- GEOS-Chem Input Data provided by Harvard University Atmospheric Chemistry Modeling Group
- NOAA Global Historical Climatology Network Daily provided through the NOAA Big Data Project
- NOAA National Water Model Short-Range Forecast provided through the NOAA Big Data Project
- NOAA National Water Model Reanalysis provided through the NOAA Big Data Project
- Hubble Space Telescope Public Data provided by the Space Science Telescope Institute
- Voices Obscured in Complex Enrivonmental Settings (VOiCES) from SRI International and Lab41
- USDA National Aerial Imagery Program provided by Esri
The AWS Public Dataset Program covers the cost of storage for publicly available high-value cloud-optimized datasets. We work with data providers who seek to:
- Democratize access to data by making it available for analysis on AWS.
- Develop new cloud-native techniques, formats, and tools that lower the cost of working with data.
- Encourage the development of communities that benefit from access to shared datasets.
Learn how to propose your dataset to the AWS Public Dataset Program.