Posted On: Jan 23, 2019
Nine new AWS Public Datasets are now available for researchers and developers interested in machine learning, environmental science, geospatial, astronomy, cybersecurity, and housing.
- Massively Multilingual Image Dataset from the University of Pennsylvania
- Atmospheric Deterministic and Probabilistic Forecasts from the UK Meteorological Office, an update to previously available data, now updated daily
- Scientific Information for Land Owners (SILO) from the Queensland Government
- Safecast Air Quality and Radiation data from Safecast
- USGS 3DEP LiDAR Point Clouds from HoBu, Inc.
- China-Brazil Earth Resources Satellite (CBERS) from AMS Kepler
- Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) from Space Telescope Science Institute
- Open City Model from BuildZero
- Microbiome Research User Tutorial Datasets from QIIME 2
The AWS Public Dataset Program covers the cost of storage for publicly available high-value cloud-optimized datasets. We work with data providers who seek to:
- Democratize access to data by making it available for analysis on AWS.
- Develop new cloud-native techniques, formats, and tools that lower the cost of working with data.
- Encourage the development of communities that benefit from access to shared datasets.