Posted On: Jan 17, 2019
This Quick Start automatically deploys Micro Focus Enterprise Server into a new or existing virtual private cloud (VPC) on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud in about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The Quick Start includes an optional BankDemo demonstration application for testing the deployment.
Micro Focus Enterprise Server is an application deployment environment for IBM mainframe applications that have been running on the IBM z/OS operating system. Enterprise Server enables you to modernize and integrate your mainframe applications with technologies such as .NET and Java. It provides flexible mainframe application deployment—across Linux and Microsoft Windows—on AWS.
The Quick Start is intended for:
- System integrators and Micro Focus customers who have deployed an IBM mainframe workload to Enterprise Server on premises, and want to migrate rehosted applications to AWS.
- Those who want to explore the feasibility of moving an IBM mainframe workload to AWS, with a production server for running mainframe applications.
To get started:
- View the architecture and details
- View the deployment guide for step-by-step instructions
- Download the AWS CloudFormation templates that automate the deployment.
For more AWS Quick Starts, see our catalog.
Quick Starts are automated reference deployments that use AWS CloudFormation templates to deploy key technologies on AWS, following AWS best practices.
This Quick Start was built in collaboration with Micro Focus, an AWS Partner Network (APN) Partner.