Posted On: Oct 9, 2019
New AWS Public Datasets Available from Audi, MIT, Allen Institute for Cell Science, Finnish Meteorological Institute, and others.
11 new or updated AWS Public Datasets are now available in the following categories:
- Kepler Mission Data from the Space Telescope Science Institute
- Tabula Muris Senis from Chan Zuckerberg Biohub
- Allen Cell Imaging Collections from the Allen Institute for Cell Science (AICS) and Quilt Data, Inc.
- Multiview Extended Video with Activities (MEVA) from Kitware
- A2D2: AEV Autonomous Driving Dataset from Audi Electronics Ventures
- Emergency Response Imagery from NOAA
- Southern California Earthquake Data from the Southern California Earthquake Data Center
- CESM Large Ensemble Project from the National Center for Atmospheric Research
- SILAM Air Quality from the Finnish Meteorological Institute
- USGS 3DEP LiDAR Point Clouds dataset from HoBu, Inc. has been updated with new data for Alabama, Colorado, Illinois, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin
- MIMIC-III Critical Care Database from MIT
The AWS Public Dataset Program covers the cost of storage for publicly available high-value cloud-optimized datasets. We work with data providers who seek to:
- Democratize access to data by making it available for analysis on AWS.
- Develop new cloud-native techniques, formats, and tools that lower the cost of working with data.
- Encourage the development of communities that benefit from access to shared datasets.