Posted On: Jun 3, 2021
We are excited to announce the update to Amazon GameLift Server SDK. An AWS managed service that is trusted by some of the most successful game companies in the world like Wargaming, Ubisoft, and IllFonic, GameLift deploys, operates, and scales dedicated servers in the cloud for multiplayer games. You as a mobile game developer expect to be able to develop iOS and Android games for Realtime-servers (RTS) using IL2CPP, so we have provided that support. This update allows you to expand the audience your games can reach by building RTS clients for the latest mobile devices.
With this latest SDK update, you now have the ability to integrate IL2CPP into your mobile applications that use the RTS Client SDK and follow best practices with Frameworks. You can also now build the GameLift Server SDK for Unreal Version 4.26. This update contains components that integrate with your Windows or Linux game server, including C++ and C# versions of the GameLift Server SDK, GameLift Local, and a GameLift plugin for Unreal Engine. Specifically, we have:
- Added support for IL2CPP in the RTS Client SDK.
- Updated the RTS Client SDK to build the Native libraries as Frameworks.
- Added support in the GameLift Plugin for Unreal Engine for the GameLift APIs DescribePlayerSessions and GetInstanceCertificate.
- Created Server SDK support for Unreal version 4.26.
- The existing C# SDK, version 4.0.2, has been verified compatible with Unity 2020.3. No SDK updates were required.
GameLift is available in 64 instance types and 21 public regions so you can pick the instance type and geography that is best for your game. Public regions include: US East (Ohio and N. Virginia), US West (N. California and Oregon), Africa (Cape Town), Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Mumbai, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, and Tokyo), Canada (Central), Europe (Frankfurt, Ireland, London, Milan, Paris, and Stockholm), Middle East (Bahrain), South America (São Paulo), and Amazon Web Services China (Beijing) Region, operated by Sinnet.