How do I change my AWS Support plan?
Last updated: 2020-06-23
I want to change my AWS Support plan.
You must sign in with root user credentials to change your support plan. To change your support plan, do the following:
- Open the AWS Support Center.
You can view your current support plan in the navigation pane.
- Choose Change next to your current support plan.
- On the Select plans page, choose Change plan.
Note: You can view the feature comparison of AWS Support plans on this page.
- On the Change support plan page, select a new support plan.
Important: If you have the Enterprise support plan, choose AWS Support, and then create a case.
- Review the information about the new plan, and then choose Change plan.
The changes should take effect within a few minutes. You'll see your new plan reflected in the Billing and Cost Management console within a few hours.
- If you upgraded your support plan, you are immediately charged a prorated amount for the new plan based on the number of days left in the current billing cycle.
- If you previously had a paid support plan, you receive a prorated refund for the number of days left in the current billing cycle, subject to your Support plan's minimum monthly charge.
For an explanation of how AWS Support plans are billed, see How am I billed for AWS Support?