What does this AWS Solution do?
This solution provides Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers and business partners a common method for directly transferring media assets.
This solution creates a shared object storage area using an Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket between publishers and subscribers in a separate, secured AWS account. Publishers copy the assets into this shared S3 bucket and create permissions to allow subscribers to pull the content from the shared resource.
Publishers and subscribers do not share credentials. Assets are encrypted at rest and in transit.
There are no per GB data egress and transfer costs within the same AWS Region and no servers to manage or licensing fees.
You can get up to 100GB/s in transfer speeds in the same Region because assets never leave the S3 data plane. In addition, S3 conducts asset integrity checks before, during, and after transfer.
All operations on assets are tracked via Amazon S3 server access logs. Publishers and subscribers receive automatic notifications.
AWS Solution overview
The diagram below presents the architecture you can automatically deploy using the solution's implementation guide and accompanying AWS CloudFormation template.
Media Exchange on AWS Solutions Implementation architecture
The AWS CloudFormation template deploys the following infrastructure:
- An Amazon S3 bucket. The publisher selects assets from the user-created Source S3 bucket in their account and copies them to the S3 bucket. The subscriber copies assets from the shared S3 bucket to the user-created Destination S3 bucket in their account.
- An Amazon KMS key to configure default encryption for the S3 bucket.
- An AWS Lambda function to forward notifications when objects are created in the S3 bucket.
- An Amazon EventBridge bus to receive notifications from the Lambda function.
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) topics and Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS) messages for subscriber and publisher notifications.
- A set of products in AWS Service Catalog to onboard publishers and subscribers, and to set up new transfer agreements.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions Implementations to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS-vetted help with solution deployment.