Web Client for AWS Transfer Family creates a web portal for your customers to access your corporate Secure Shell File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) environment. It combines the benefits of using AWS Transfer for SFTP with an intuitive web browser interface for your non-technical users.
Your customers will be able to access your files without installing any software or using your system from the backend.
Simplify the complexities associated with installing and supporting different clients on various end user devices and operating systems. Avoid the effort of managing a commercial client and the accompanying troubleshooting.
Web Client for AWS Transfer Family supports the following file operations: upload, download, rename, and delete.
The diagram below presents the architecture you can build using the example code on GitHub.
Web Client for AWS Transfer Family architecture
Web Client for AWS Transfer Family deploys the following infrastructure:
- An Amazon CloudFront distribution to serve the solution’s web application.
- An Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket configured for static website hosting.
- A dedicated Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) with three private and three public subnets spread across three availability zones.
- An Elastic Load Balancing Application Load Balancer that supports APIs for all file and folder operations.
- Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) containers running on AWS Fargate in the three private subnets.
- VPC Endpoints for secure access to various services from Fargate containers.
- An AWS Transfer Family SFTP server to provide an SFTP endpoint for file transfers.
- An Amazon API Gateway API to query Amazon Cognito and validate the end user’s credentials.
- An AWS Lambda function to support the API Gateway with authentication.
- An Amazon Cognito user pool to manage user access to the web application and for custom authentication with AWS Transfer Family.
- Amazon DynamoDB is used to store logical directory path mapping for the AWS Transfer for SFTP server.
- An Amazon S3 bucket for storing the data for the AWS Transfer for SFTP server.
Web Client for AWS Transfer Family
Release date: 10/2021
Browse our library of AWS Solutions to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS Partners to help you get started.
Find prescriptive architectural diagrams, sample code, and technical content for common use cases.