What does this AWS Solution do?
This solution coordinates and automates large-scale migrations to the AWS Cloud, involving numerous servers. Enterprises can improve performance and prevent long cutover windows by automating manual processes and integrating multiple tools efficiently. This is possible through this solution's orchestration platform options. We recommend AWS MGN to rehost servers to AWS at scale. Today, this solution is used by AWS Professional Services, AWS Partners, and other enterprises.
Simplify, expedite, and reduce the cost of cloud migration through a highly automated lift-and-shift solution.
Large migrations that involve many small, manual tasks, which take time to run and are slow and hard to scale.
Manage application and server schema definitions; and update wave, application, and server metadata.
Track the progress of your migration with a migration tracker and visualize migration metadata using Amazon QuickSight.
AWS Solution overview
The diagram below presents the serverless architecture you can automatically deploy using the solution's implementation guide and accompanying AWS CloudFormation template.
Cloud Migration Factory on AWS Solution architecture
The AWS CloudFormation template launches the AWS services necessary to help enterprises migrate their servers to the AWS Cloud.
1. Amazon API Gateway receives migration requests from the migration automation server via RestAPIs.
2. AWS Lambda functions provide the necessary services for you to log in to the web interface, perform the necessary administrative functions to manage the migration, and connect to third-party APIs to automate the migration process.·
- The user Lambda function ingests the migration metadata into an Amazon DynamoDB table. Standard HTTP status codes are returned to you via the RestAPI from the API Gateway. An Amazon Cognito user pool is used for user authentication to the web interface and RestAPIs.·
- The tools Lambda functions processes external RestAPIs and calls the CloudEndure Migration and AWS Application Migration Service (AWS MGN) for AWS migration, and initiates workload ingestion (WIG) request for change (RFC) calls to AWS Managed Services (AMS) for AMS migration. The tools Lambda function also calls the Amazon EC2 for launching EC2 instances, and calls AWS Systems Manager to run automation scripts on the migration automation server.
3. The migration metadata stored in Amazon DynamoDB is routed to CloudEndure or AWS MGN using CloudEndure Migration or an AWS MGN API to initiate a migration job and launch servers housed in CloudEndure. If your migration target is AMS, the tools Lambda function automatically initiates an AMS RFC to automate the workload ingestion process to ingest your servers into the AMS production environment. If your migration pattern is Replatform to EC2, the tools Lambda functions launches CloudFormation templates in the target AWS account to launch EC2 instances.
This solution also deploys an optional migration tracker component that tracks the progress of your migration. AWS Glue retrieves migration metadata from the Cloud Migration Factory DynamoDB table and exports the metadata to Amazon S3. You can then create visualizations and build a dashboard to view the progress of the migration.
Note: To subscribe to RSS updates, you must have an RSS plug-in enabled for the browser you are using.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions Implementations to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS-vetted help with solution deployment.