Posted On: Apr 16, 2020
We are pleased to announce the release of NICE DCV version 2020.0 with the following new features:
- Stylus and touch support on Linux server
- Surround sound 7.1 playback on Windows server to Windows native client
- Hardware acceleration and stylus support on Linux native client
- New API command to set display layout on server side
- Multi-monitor web client support on the new Microsoft Edge browser (version 79.0.309 or higher)
NICE DCV is a high performance remote visualization protocol that enables users to securely access remote desktop or application sessions, including 3D graphics applications hosted on servers with high-performance GPUs. NICE DCV 2020.0 enables customers to take full advantage of the NVIDIA GPUs present on EC2 G4 instances.
NICE DCV offers end users a wide range of client devices, including an HTML5 client for web browser access, and native clients for Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. Native clients support up to 4 monitors at 4K resolution each and the Windows client also supports USB redirection for 3D mice and USB storage devices. In addition, NICE DCV helps customers with remote Linux desktops reduce session costs by supporting multiple Linux sessions from a single high performance server. NICE DCV is free to use on Amazon EC2 instances and is the remote visualization protocol used by Amazon Appstream 2.0 and AWS RoboMaker.