Events for Financial Services
Meet us at these upcoming events.
October 22, 2018
Exclusive Panel Discussion: Capital Markets Transformation—if you’re not scared, you’re not doing enough
• In this new economy, where regulation, cloud and AI are disrupting traditional business models, what do banks need in order to thrive? In this session, a leading Australian bank, AWS, and Murex will discuss how to equip banks for the new digital economy and the next wave of global regulation. We will draw from specific examples linked to Basel III and xVA compliance and analyze the impact on business models concluding that firms must embrace new approaches and new technology if they want to revolutionize the way they handle large volumes of data and complex calculations.
• Date: Monday, October 22, 2018
• Time: 2:00PM – 3:00PM
• Location: Community Session, Conference L3, Conference Room 4, International Convention, Sydney, Australia
• Speakers: Laurence Thiery, Head of APAC Financial Services Business Development, Amazon Web Services
October 23, 2018
• Exclusive Fireside Chat: Cloud Banks: What’s the Forecast?
• As it has in many industries, cloud computing has taken fintech by storm, unlocking innovation with a host of positive outcomes, from reducing technology infrastructure costs to handling vast sums of data. For both large financial institutions and fintech startups, the industry is swiftly moving from on-premise to cloud-based infrastructures, with all the ancillary positive consequences and some potential unintended risks. Get your head in the cloud with Amazon Web Services' Scott Mullins, as we explore how cloud computing will drive the future of financial services.
• Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018
• Time: 1:10 PM – 1:30PM
• Location: Discovery Den at Expo Hall, Level 2, The Venetian, The Palazzo, Las Vegas, NV, United States.
• Speakers: Scott Mullins, Head of Worldwide Financial Services Business Development, Amazon Web Services & Pascal Bouvier, Fintech Venture Capital Investor
November 14, 2018
Exclusive Discussion: Leaders Dialogue on Big Tech & TechFin
• Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
• Time: TBD
• Location: Singapore Expo, Singapore
• Speakers: Scott Mullins, Worldwide Financial Services Business Development, Amazon Web Services, Geoff Jiang, Vice President, General Manager of Technology and Business Innovation Group, Ant Financial & Daichi Iwata, General Manager of FinTech Business, NEC
December 4, 2018
Exclusive Fireside Chat: Cloud Computing – the new normal for the banking industry
• Banks are making more use of the wide range of services available in the cloud today. They are using it for high-performance computing, running their digital delivery channels, writing new software, developing open banking APIs, core banking functions and more. The cloud has become the “new normal” in the industry. Organizations of all sizes – from challenger banks to global systemically important banks – are moving critical workloads and entire enterprise operations to cloud service providers. The advantages are many: greater agility, faster time to market, high levels of security, cost savings, lower operational risk, elasticity of availability, creating more value from data, access to innovative and robust technology platforms, and the ability to scale operations globally within minutes.
• Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
• Time: 2:00PM – 2:15PM
• Location: Waldorf Hilton, London, United Kingdom
• Speakers: Jonathan Allen, Enterprise Strategist and Evangelist, Amazon Web Services & Patrick Jenkins, Financial Editor, Financial Times