Modern Apps Live: Learn Serverless, Containers and More in May
Modern Apps Live is a series of events about modern application development that will be live-streaming on Twitch in May. Session topics include serverless, containers, and mobile and front-end development.
If you’re not familiar, modern applications are those that:
- Can scale quickly to millions of users.
- Have global availability.
- Manage a lot of data (we’re talking exabytes of data).
- Respond in milliseconds.
These applications are built using a combination of microservices architectures, serverless operational models, and agile developer processes. Modern applications allow organizations to innovate faster and reduce risk, time to market, and total cost of ownership.
Modern Apps Live is a series of four virtual events:
- Container Day x Kubecon (May 4)
- Serverless Live (May 19)
- Mobile and Front-end Live (May 25)
- Container Day x DockerCon (May 26)
If you’re a developer, solutions architect, or IT and DevOps professional who wants to build and design modern applications, these sessions are for you, no matter if you’re just starting out or a more experience cloud practitioner. There will be time in each session for Q&A. AWS experts will be in the Twitch chat, ready to answer your questions.
If you cannot attend all four events, here are some sessions you definitely shouldn’t miss:
- Keynotes are a must! AWS leadership will share product roadmaps and make some important announcements.
- There are security best practices sessions scheduled on May 4 and May 19, during the Container Day x Kubecon and Serverless Live events. Security should be a top priority when you develop modern applications.
- If you’re just getting started with serverless, don’t miss the “Building a Serverless Application Backend” on May 19. Eric Johnson and Justin Pirtle will show you how to pick the right serverless pattern for your workload and share information about security, observability, and simplifying your deployments.
- On May 25, in the “API modernization with GraphQL” session, Brice Pelle will show how you can use GraphQL in your client applications.
- Bring any burning questions about containers to the “Open Q&A and Whiteboarding” session during the Container Day x DockerCon event on May 26.
For more information or to register for the events, see the Modern Apps Live webpage.
I hope to see you there.