AWS Serverless Chatbot Competition
Today, we are pleased to announce the official AWS Serverless Chatbot competition!
Bots on Slack can help your team be more productive and accomplish more tasks. They can help you increase visibility into your operations or help your customers easily get information through a natural, conversational interface. However, building and running bots can be a time-consuming and difficult task. Developers must provision, manage, and scale the compute resources that run the bot code.
With AWS Lambda, it’s easy to build and run bots. Upload your code and Lambda takes care of everything required to run and scale your code with high availability.
Enter your bot for a chance to win a ticket to re:Invent 2016 in Las Vegas!
Enter the competition by building a Slack bot that runs on AWS Lambda and Amazon API Gateway. You’re also encouraged to integrate Slack APIs or other APIs, SDKs, and datasets so long as you are authorized to use them.
We’ll be selecting 8 winners for a prize. Each prize includes one ticket to AWS re:Invent and access to discounted hotel room rates, along with recognition at the Serverless State of the Union address, some cool swag, $100 in AWS credits, and publicity opportunities for the winning bots.
To help you get started, we’ve created a few very basic bots that take advantage of Slack’s triggers and webhooks. These bots are built using AWS Lambda and Amazon API Gateway. To get started, check out the diagram below and view the code samples and instructions on GitHub at: aws-serverless-chatbot-sample.
Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Read the Rules and Eligibility Guidelines.
- Register for the AWS Serverless Chatbot Competition.
- Create AWS and Slack developer accounts.
- Visit the Resources Page to learn more about the APIs and services.
- Build your chatbot. Our sample code (aws-serverless-chatbot-sample) is a good place to start.
- Create your demo video and other materials for the submission.
- Submit your materials before 5 PM ET on September 29, 2016.