Windows @ AWS re:Invent 2018
This post is courtesy of Rodney Bozo, Senior Solutions Architect – Microsoft Technologies – AWS
Windows has been a first-class citizen at AWS for over a decade. More enterprises run Windows workloads today on AWS than any other cloud—according to IDC, it’s over 57%, 2X than the next provider. Over this period, we’ve worked with customers across the globe and taken their feedback to build the solutions that best support their Microsoft workloads.
Since 2008, the Microsoft ecosystem on AWS has grown to much more than just running virtual machines. We have solutions for SQL, Active Directory, .NET developers and more, as well as options to bring your licenses to extend the value of your existing investments.
Over the course of the week at AWS re:Invent, we are offering over 75 sessions covering Microsoft technologies in AWS, with a combination of breakout sessions, workshops, chalk talks, and builder sessions.
Find the entire list of Windows and .NET sessions on the session catalog. Here are some you should try not to miss:
Leadership and Management
- Leadership Session: Learn about 10 Years’ of Windows and .NET Innovation on AWS with 10 New Launches! (WIN202-L)
- How to Cost-Optimize Your Microsoft Workloads on AWS (WIN201)
Windows and Active Directory
- Microsoft Active Directory Deep Dive (WIN303-R)
- Simplifying Microsoft Architectures with AWS Services (WIN306)
- Security Best Practices for Microsoft Workloads (WIN307)
- Operationalizing Microsoft Workloads (WIN320)
- Microsoft SQL Server Migration Strategies (WIN302)
- Design, Deploy, and Optimize Microsoft SQL Server on AWS (WIN324-R and WIN324-R1)
- Migrate Microsoft Applications to AWS like an Expert (WIN301)
- Building Well Architected .NET Apps (WIN304)
- Containerize Legacy .NET Framework Web Apps for Cloud Migration (WIN305)
- Developing with .NET Core on AWS: What’s New (DEV318-R and DEV318-R1)
- Deploying Serverless .NET Applications (WIN323)
- Architecting ASP.NET Core Microservices Applications on AWS (WIN401)
Looking to get hands-on with Microsoft?
- Hands-On Implementing Active Directory Architectures on AWS (WIN309)
- Hands-On: Building a Migration Strategy for SQL Server on AWS (WIN310)
- Hands-On Building and Deploying .NET Applications on AWS (DEV331-R and DEV331-R1)
Still looking for more?
We have an extensive list of curated content on the AWS for Microsoft Workloads Self-Study Guide, including case studies, whitepapers, previous re:Invent presentations, reference architectures, and how-to instructional videos. Check it out!