Concrete Software uses Amazon Cognito for NHL Hockey Target Smash
“Using Amazon Cognito, we can build cross-platform games faster without managing backend infrastructure. Amazon Cognito sync helps us save game data to the cloud and synchronize it across devices.”
– Keith Pichelman, CEO, Concrete Software
About Concrete Software
Concrete Software has designed and published games for mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Microsoft Windows, since 2003. By using Amazon Cognito in their latest creation, NHL Hockey Target Smash, Concrete Software can easily manage end-user identities, synchronize game data across platforms and devices for a consistent user experience, and rapidly deploy games across smartphones and tablets.
- Platform-specific solutions made it difficult to save and synchronize game content across multiple operating systems and devices.
- Creating and managing a backend infrastructure was time consuming and costly.
- Concrete chose Amazon Cognito to save user data to the cloud and synchronize the latest game-state across devices and platforms without managing a backend.
- With Cognito, Concrete was able to identify and manage identities for logged-in users and unauthenticated guests.
- Simplified development: Concrete can save data in the cloud for cross-platform distribution without creating a separate backend infrastructure for each platform.
- Improved user identity management: Amazon Cognito makes it easy for Concrete to transition a user profile from guest to authenticated while maintaining a unique identifier and merging the profile data.
- Extended Single Sign-On services: Amazon Cognito supports major social login providers (e.g., Facebook Login), OpenID connect, as well as Concrete’s custom authentication service, providing more options for customers.
- Amazon Cognito also allows NHL Hockey Target Smash to securely access all of the Amazon Web Services by making it simple to use temporary credentials.
About the National Hockey League
NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark, and image of the Stanley Cup® are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL Logos and marks and the NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2014. All Rights Reserved.