AWS Public Sector customers continue to labor over demonstrating their alignment with security, compliance and audit assertions in AWS customer environments. Additionally, the majority of CURRENT technology governance processes relies predominantly on administrative and operational security controls with LIMITED technology enforcement.
This workshop is designed to teach AWS Security Consultants, Practitioners and Managed Service Provider (MSP) how to secure and manage regulated customer workloads in AWS. This class will focus on the security of an AWS customer account design (e.g. AWS CIS Foundation Benchmark), security architecture (e.g. AWS CIS 3-Tier Web Benchmark) and security automation leading practices. This workshop is an intermediate to advanced workshop with an emphasis on designing security automation for regulated workloads in AWS (e.g. FedRAMP, PCI, DoD, CJIS, HIPAA, DFARs (800-171), FERPA and others).
The result will enable Consultants’, Practitioners and MSSPs to securely design, architect and implement security automation in an AWS customer account, document their security governance/audit readiness through integration of AWS Security Partner’s from our Public Sector Partner Program, AWS Marketplace and AWS Security Competency.
Date: April 25-26, 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Date: July 12-13
Location: Herndon, VA
Date: September 27-28
Location: Austin, TX
Date: May 30-31, 2017
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Date: August 8-9
Location: Seattle, WA
Date: October 4-5
Location: Tampa, FL
What will I gain from attending this class?
You will learn how to design, innovate and advance Technology Security & Governance through secure automation, which will effectively dominate your governance processes of an AWS customer account. You will learn how to automate security, compliance and real-time audit assertions in an AWS customer account by leveraging technology innovations and the Amazon Partner Network (APN) through Security Automation in the cloud leading practices.
- Establish secure foundational account design and/or remediation of existing customer accounts
- Configure, Manage and AWS Security Services with a focus on Automation
- Implement and design security automation services through AWS services and partner solutions
- Manage, secure and audit the use of AWS services using real-time risk management processes
- Leverage shared compliance across multiple security frameworks (e.g. FedRAMP, PCI, DoD, CJIS, etc.)
- Learn about and leverage key security partners from the AWS Partner Network (APN)
- Learn about Container Security, Serverless Architecture, Advance Encryption, Auto-Healing in AWS
This course is intended for:
- AWS Security Consultants, Practitioners and Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) which secure, audit, govern and/or test an organization’s AWS IT services.
- Intermediate to Advanced Consultants’, Practitioners and MSSPs with an emphasis on designing automations for regulated workloads in AWS (e.g. FedRAMP, PCI, DoD, CJIS, HIPAA, DFARS, FERPA and GC PBMM
This course is delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
- Demonstrations of AWS Partner Network (APN) products and service integration
Pre-requisite for this class
Complete the AWS Security Fundamentals – This Free self-paced course introduces you to fundamental cloud computing and AWS security concepts, including AWS access control and management, governance, logging, and encryption methods.