Posted On: Aug 25, 2020
The AWS App Mesh controller for Kubernetes provides a way to configure and manage AWS App Mesh directly using Kubernetes. AWS App Mesh is a service mesh that provides application-level networking to standardize how your services communicate, giving you end-to-end visibility and ensuring high-availability for your applications.
Version 1.1.1 of AWS App Mesh controller for Kubernetes is available today. This update adds multiple enhancements to make it easier to instrument your Kubernetes application using App Mesh including:
- support for Envoy sidecar image version 1.15.x
- configurable readiness and pre-stop settings
- default opt-in and opt-out options for sidecar injection per namespace
- optional resource limits for sidecar and init containers
- configurable X-Ray sidecar image
- configurable DNS TTL value of services using AWS Cloud Map.
More information about controller configuration parameters and defaults can be found here.