Amazon VPC NAT Gateway Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: May 5, 2022
This Amazon VPC NAT Gateway Service Level Agreement ("SLA") is a policy governing the use of Amazon VPC NAT Gateway ("NAT Gateway") and applies separately to each account using NAT Gateway. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the "Agreement"), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make each NAT Gateway available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.9%, during any monthly billing cycle (the "Service Commitment"). In the event that a NAT Gateway does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for the affected NAT Gateway for the monthly billing cycle in which the Monthly Uptime Percentage fell within the ranges set forth in the table below:
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Service Credit Percentage|
|Less than 99.9% but greater than or equal to 99.0%||10%|
|Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%||25%|
|Less than 95.0%||100%|
We will apply any Service Credits only against future NAT Gateway payments otherwise due from you. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the Unavailability occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from AWS. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide NAT Gateway is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the AWS Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words "SLA Credit Request" in the subject line;
- the dates and times of each Unavailability incident that you are claiming;
- the affected NAT Gateway ID;
- the billing cycle with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits;
- your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks)
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
Amazon VPC NAT Gateway SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of NAT Gateway, or any other NAT Gateway performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of NAT Gateway; (ii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology; (iii) that result from failure to follow the guidelines or exceeding the limitations described in the NAT Gateway Documentation on the AWS Site; or (iv) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use NAT Gateway in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the "NAT Gateway SLA Exclusions"). If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of time during the month in which a NAT Gateway was Unavailable. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude Unavailability resulting directly or indirectly from any NAT Gateway SLA Exclusion.
- A "Service Credit" is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible account.
- "Unavailable" and "Unavailability" mean one or more EC2 instances or VPC Lambda functions using a NAT Gateway have no connectivity to the Internet and all attempts to connect to the Internet are unsuccessful.