AWS Site-to-Site VPN Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: March 13, 2019
This AWS Site-to-Site VPN Service Level Agreement (this "SLA") is a policy governing the use of AWS Site-to-Site VPN ("Site-to-Site VPN") and applies separately to each account using Site-to-Site VPN. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the "Agreement"), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make each Site-to-Site VPN connection available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.95% during any monthly billing cycle (the "Service Commitment"). In the event that a Site-to-Site VPN connection does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below. The Service Commitment and this SLA only apply to the AWS VPN connection category of Site-to-Site VPN connections, and not to the AWS Classic VPN connection category of Site-to-Site VPN connections.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for the Site-to-Site VPN connection for the monthly billing cycle in which the Monthly Uptime Percentage fell within the ranges set forth in the table below:
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Service Credit Percentage|
|Less than 99.95% but greater than or equal to 99.0%||10%|
|Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%||25%|
|Less than 95.0%||100%|
We will apply any Service Credits only against future Site-to-Site VPN payments otherwise due from you. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the unavailability occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from AWS. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide Site-to-Site VPN is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the AWS Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words "SLA Credit Request" in the subject line;
- the dates and times of each Unavailability incident that you are claiming;
- the affected Site-to-Site VPN Connection ID;
- the billing cycle with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits;
- your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks)
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
AWS Site-to-Site VPN SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of Site-to-Site VPN, or any other Site-to-Site VPN performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of each Site-to-Site VPN connection; (ii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (iii) that result from you not following the guidelines or exceeding the limitations described in the Site-to-Site VPN Documentation on the AWS Site; or (iv) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use Site-to-Site VPN in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “AWS Site-to-Site VPN SLA Exclusions”). If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of time during the month in which a Site-to-Site VPN connection was Unavailable. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude Unavailability resulting directly or indirectly from any AWS Site-to-Site VPN SLA Exclusion.
- A "Service Credit" is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible account.
- "Unavailable" and "Unavailability" mean the two VPN endpoints comprising the AWS side of a Site-to-Site VPN connection have no external connectivity and all attempts to connect to both of the two VPN endpoints are unsuccessful.