Posted On: Jul 6, 2017
AWS Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory (Enterprise Edition), also known as AWS Microsoft AD, is now available in the South America (São Paulo) Region.
AWS Microsoft AD enables your Microsoft Active Directory–aware workloads and AWS resources to use managed Active Directory in the AWS Cloud. AWS Microsoft AD is built on actual Active Directory and does not require you to synchronize or replicate data from your existing Active Directory to the AWS Cloud.
With AWS Microsoft AD, you can:
- Easily migrate Active Directory–aware applications and workloads to the AWS Cloud.
- Share a single directory for all your Amazon EC2 instances, Amazon RDS for SQL Server, Amazon QuickSight, and AWS Enterprise IT Applications such as Amazon WorkSpaces.
- Use Active Directory Group Policy policies to manage EC2 instances.
- Use resource domains with trusts to run your Active Directory–aware applications in an Amazon VPC.
- Authenticate users in your on-premises Active Directory domain, including authentication for Amazon QuickSight and Amazon RDS for SQL Server without synchronizing directories or migrating user identities to the AWS Cloud.
With this launch, AWS Microsoft AD is now available in the US East (N. Virginia), US East (Ohio), US West (Oregon), Canada (Central), Asia Pacific (Seoul), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Sydney), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), EU (Ireland), EU (Frankfurt), EU (London), and South America (São Paulo) Regions.