Posted On: Oct 10, 2019
Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS) FIFO (First-In-First-Out) queues are now available in the AWS Middle East (Bahrain) Region.
Amazon SQS FIFO queues are now available in 22 regions, including the following announced regions:
• US East (N. Virginia, Ohio)
• US West (N. California, Oregon)
• Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Mumbai, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo)
• Canada (Central)
• China Beijing (BJS) Region (operated by SINNET)
• China (Ningxia) Region (operated by NWCD)
• EU (Frankfurt, Ireland, London, Paris, Stockholm)
• South America (São Paulo)
• GovCloud (US-East, US-West)
Amazon SQS is a fully managed message queuing service that makes it easy to decouple and scale microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications. Amazon SQS FIFO queues complement Amazon SQS standard queues, which offer best-effort ordering and at-least-once delivery. FIFO queues have the same features as standard queues but provide the added benefits of supporting ordering and exactly-once processing.
Amazon SQS FIFO queues are priced at $0.50 per million API requests, with the first 1 million monthly requests free. For more information, see Amazon SQS Pricing.
Get started with Amazon SQS using the AWS Management Console or the AWS SDKs.