- Pay only for what you use
- No minimum fee
- Estimate your monthly bill using the AWS Simple Monthly Calculator
Amazon SQS Free Tier*
You can get started with Amazon SQS for free. All customers can make 1 million Amazon SQS requests for free each month. Some applications might be able to operate within this Free Tier limit.
High Throughput: Standard queues have nearly-unlimited transactions per second (TPS).
At-Least-Once Delivery: A message is delivered at least once, but occasionally more than one copy of a message is delivered.
Best-Effort Ordering: Occasionally, messages might be delivered in an order different from which they were sent.
Send data between applications when the throughput is important, for example:
- Decouple live user requests from intensive background work: let users upload media while resizing or encoding it.
- Allocate tasks to multiple worker nodes: process a high number of credit card validation requests.
- Batch messages for future processing: schedule multiple entries to be added to a database.
First-In-First-Out Delivery: The order in which messages are sent and received is strictly preserved.
Exactly-Once Processing: A message is delivered once and remains available until a consumer processes and deletes it. Duplicates are not introduced into the queue.
Limited Throughput: 300 transactions per second (TPS).
Send data between applications when the order of events is important, for example:
- Ensure that user-entered commands are executed in the right order.
- Display the correct product price by sending price modifications in the right order.
- Prevent a student from enrolling in a course before registering for an account.
The first 1 million monthly requests are free. After that, the pricing is as follows for all regions:
|Price per 1 Million Requests after Free Tier (Monthly)
||$0.40 ($0.00000040 per request)
||$0.50 ($0.00000050 per request)
|API Actions||Every Amazon SQS action counts as a request.|
|FIFO Requests||API actions for sending, receiving, deleting, and changing visibility of messages from FIFO queues are charged at FIFO rates. All other API requests are charged at standard rates.|
|Contents of Requests||A single request can have from 1 to 10 messages, up to a maximum total payload of 256 KB.
|Size of Payloads
||Each 64 KB chunk of a payload is billed as 1 request (for example, an API action with a 256 KB payload is billed as 4 requests).
|Interaction with Amazon S3||When using the Amazon SQS Extended Client Library to send payloads using Amazon S3, you incur Amazon S3 charges for any Amazon S3 storage you use to send message payloads.
Amazon SQS requests are listed on the Product Details page.
The pricing below is based on data transferred in and out of Amazon SQS.
Data transfer in and out refers to transfer into and out of Amazon SQS.
Data transferred between Amazon SQS and Amazon EC2 within a single region is free of charge (that is, $0.00 per GB). Data transferred between Amazon SQS and Amazon EC2 in different regions is charged at Internet Data Transfer rates on both sides of the transfer.
* Your usage of the free tier is calculated each month across all regions (except the GovCloud region) and is applied to your bill automatically. Unused free usage does not roll over to the next month. Restrictions apply. See offer terms for more details.
** As part of the AWS Free Usage Tier, new AWS customers receive free 15 GB of data transfer out each month, aggregated across all AWS services for one year (this does not apply to the AWS GovCloud region).
*** Rate tiers for data transfers out aggregate outbound data transfer across Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Amazon EBS, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Storage Gateway, and Amazon VPC.