Annoucing the Finalists of the 2012 AWS Start-Up Challenge
I announced the 24 semi-finalists of the AWS Start-Up Challenge last week. Today I am pleased to announce that we’ve chosen the following 12 finalists:
Big Data & High Performance Computing
- Demyst Data (Hong Kong) – Real-time analysis of consumer and small business profiles to improve decision making.
- Mortar Data (USA) – Open source framework and runtime environment for building big data pipelines on Elastic MapReduce.
- QMedic (USA) – A wearable sensing platform that monitors physical activity, sleep, and falls for older adults.
- PlanGrid (USA) – A mobile replacement for construction blueprints.
- Poikos (Netherlands) – Imaging and measurement of the human body in 3D using consumer-grade hardware.
- Tracelink Business Cloud (USA) – Connect people, processes, and information across a global supply network.
- LogMyCalls (USA) – A marketing and analytics platform for the phone.
- Hive (Australia) – A battery-powered security camera combined with a social network to protect people, places, and things.
- Wikidot (Poland) – A web-based Wiki platform for community sites, personal blogs, gaming, and more.
- Bossa Studios (UK) – Real-time multiplayer cross-platform games.
- Grand Cru (Finland) – The Supernauts game, a casual take on the Minecraft style of sandboxed building.
- Playblazer (India) – A configurable API for instant access to a comprehensive set of pre-built data models, components, and workflows.
You can learn more about each finalist by visiting the Start-Up Challenge home page.
The Finale Celebration for the Start-Up Challenge will be held on January 24th in San Francisco. As part of the celebration, we’ll be conducting an Applications Workshop where you can learn more about building mobile apps, building web apps, and using AWS in a cost-efficient fashion. You need to register now if you would like to attend the Workshops and the Finale Celebration.
Congratulations to all of the finalists!