Another ECS Release
The Amazon E-Commerce Service has been updated! New features include:
- ItemSearch now returns products from 25 search bins. The former limit was just 10 bins.
- More Variation dimensions, including GemType, HardwarePlatform, OperatingSystem, ScentName, and TotalDiamondWeight, are now returned, as appropriate.
- New search indexes are supported, include Toys in France, Watches in Japan, and Sporting Goods in the UK.
- The ECS Developer Guide has been totally rewritten.
- A new document, the ECS Getting Started Guide, is now available.
- The release notes are now available in Japanese as well as in English.
We also fixed some bugs!
Read the release notice to learn more.
PS – It is hard to believe, but we are coming up on the 5 year anniversary of the release of what was first called AWS, which later morphed into ECS. Per the AWS FAQ, the first release took place in July of 2002.