Jobs @ Amazon: Web Services Evangelist (Europe)
The Amazon Web Services Developer Relations Group is looking to hire a Web Services Evangelist based in Europe, to cover the UK, Germany, and France. Here is the official job description:
Web Services Evangelist (Europe)
Interested in influencing a paradigm shift? Join an energetic, dynamic team responsible for driving the development and adoption of the Amazon Web Services platform. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate technical evangelist who will both represent Amazon Web Services across Europe and help develop the global strategies to make Amazon Web Services the industry standard for “programmable e-commerce”. You will generate grass-roots attention and support for Amazon Web Services among key industry opinion makers, journalists and technologists. The ability to identify, engage and win mindshare among third-party developers in target ISVs, systems integrators and collaborative technology providers is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions and discussions to drive adoption of Amazon Web Services platform technology, developer tools and XML standards
- Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and clients and assisting with presales support
- Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning and developer program initiatives
- Assessing and compiling white papers about emerging technologies and industry developments
- Providing guidance to technical working groups and standards bodies, both internal and external, involved in the design of Web services architecture, utilisation and standards
- Qualifications include 10 to 15 years experience in software development, with special emphasis in distributed application development
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline
- Master’s level and above is preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with transactional messaging, Internet protocols and transports (XML, SOAP, XSLT, .Net, Java, Perl, PHP, C/C++, etc.) coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and setting an industry standard
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Pre-established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications is preferred
- Extensive industry contacts in the software development field and the ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers is a must. A willingness to travel and work autonomously is also required
- This position can be based in either our London or Munich offices. Fluency in English, German and/or French is required.
Please see www.amazon.com/webservices for details.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV by e-mail to Corporatejobs@amazon.co.uk. Be sure to mention that you are applying for position #9828.
Note: By submitting your CV you authorize Amazon.co.uk to store your information in the Amazon.com group of companies’ world-wide recruitment database currently located in the USA for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future vacancies. If you do not wish us to store your information, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.