Jobs at Amazon: Business Development Manager
We have an opening for another Business Development Manager on the Amazon Web Services Team. Here is the official job description:
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing strategic partnerships with the largest and most influential software companies in the world?
Do you have the business savvy and a deep software development technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key web services provider?
As a business development manager in Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS (including Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2) within various software developer segments and communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key partnerships to target, establishing those technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions in order to build long-term business and marketing opportunities.
The ideal candidate will posses both a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges – with the ability to build compelling value propositions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Set strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, legal, support, etc.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach with a technical value proposition for using web services.
- Work with specific prospects to educate, and enable them for using AWS APIs to build their business upon.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle ad-hoc incoming inquiries into the AWS email alias and qualify them as potential AWS business development targets.
- Highly technical and analytical.
- 5-7 years of partner/business development and/or program/product management experience.
- Experience working within the software development industry.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Technical degree required; MBA and Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
- Working knowledge of web services technology and software development tools and technologies highly desired.
To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com .