There’s a lot going on with Amazon’s new S3 service; here’s a quick roundup of some of what I’ve seen in the last couple of days:
- Over at InfoWorld, Jon Udell proposes S3 as a piece of politically neutral architecture.
- Mitch Garnaat has created BitBucket, a set of Python scripts for S3 access. There’s even more info in the S3 discussion board thread.
- Dominic Da Silva has created jSh3ll, a Java-based command-line shell.
- Mark Hellewell wrote a similar application in Python.
- Ben Oram is now beta-testing S3 Explorer, a drag-and-drop S3 access tool for Windows.
- There’s also a very clean and simple PHP wrapper for S3.