Amazon Cognito Your User Pools is Now Generally Available
Amazon Cognito makes it easy for developers to add sign-up, sign-in, and enhanced security functionality to mobile and web apps. With Amazon Cognito Your User Pools, you get a simple, fully managed service for creating and maintaining your own user directory that can scale to hundreds of millions of users.
With today’s launch, user pools adds:
- Device remembering – Amazon Cognito can remember the devices from which each user signs in.
- User search – Search for users in a user pool based on an attribute.
- Customizable email addresses – Customize the “from” email address of emails you send to users in a user pool.
- Attribute permissions – Set fine-grained permissions for each user attribute.
- Custom authentication flow – Use new APIs and AWS Lambda triggers to customize the sign-in flow.
- Admin sign-in – Your app can now sign in users from back-end servers or Lambda functions.
- Global sign-out – Allow a user to sign out from all signed-in devices or browsers.
- Custom expiration period – Set an expiration period for refresh tokens.
- Amazon API Gateway integration – Allow user pool authentications to authorize Amazon API Gateway requests.
You benefit from the security and privacy best practices of AWS, and retain full control of your user data.
Amazon Cognito is now also available in the US West (Oregon) Region in addition to the US East (N. Virginia), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), and EU (Ireland) Regions. To begin using this new feature of Amazon Cognito, see the Amazon Cognito page.