Welcome to day 2 of AWS re:Invent 2019
Please double-check the AWS re:Invent event catalog to confirm the date, time, and venue for your session.
Remember, this is not an exhaustive list! Check out some of our previous re:Invent posts and make sure you don’t miss anything:
- Your AWS Storage guide to re:Invent 2019: How to maximize your time in Vegas!
- A storage enthusiast’s guide to re:Invent storage sessions
- A Guide to Amazon EBS at AWS re:Invent 2019
- Your backup and archive guide to re:Invent
- Explore AWS file storage solutions at re:Invent 2019
- A guide to hybrid cloud storage, edge computing, and data transfer sessions at AWS re:Invent 2019
Tuesday, December 3: Storage sessions today at re:Invent
Welcome to the second day of AWS re:Invent 2019. Ahead is an hourly breakdown of all the AWS Storage sessions today, with links and locations included for your convenience.
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
- STG230-R – [REPEAT] Creating and running your first job in Amazon S3 batch operations, Mirage, Grand Ballroom B, Table 6
- STG362-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Migrating Windows file servers to Amazon FSx, Mirage, Grand Ballroom B – Table 1
- STG302-R1OFV – [OVERFLOW] [REPEAT 1] Best practices for Amazon S3 (including storage classes) ft. Instructure (Blue-Venetian), Venetian, Level 2, Venetian F, Content Hub, Theater 1, Blue
- STG342 – Rapid online data transfer with AWS DataSync, MGM, Level 1, Grand Ballroom 119
- STG302-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Best practices for Amazon S3 (including storage classes) ft. Instructure, MGM, Level 3, Premier Ballroom 319
12:15 p.m. 1:15 p.m.
- STG351 – Meeting performance needs for database workloads on Amazon EBS, Bellagio, Grand Ballroom 1
- STG349 – Optimize video processing using Amazon FSx for Lustre, Aria, Level 1 East, Joshua 4
- STG332-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Guidelines and design patterns for optimizing cost in Amazon S3, Mirage, Events Center B3 Green
- STG324 – Map and drive performance with Amazon FSx for Windows File Server, Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 4, Table 9
- STG210-S – Real-world Veeam backup and disaster recovery with AWS: A customer view, Bellagio, Monet 3
- STG224-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Getting started with AWS DataSync, Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 4, Table 7
- STG226-R – [REPEAT] Hands-on with hybrid block storage using a volume gateway, Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 4, Table 4
- STG358-R – [REPEAT] Configuration and management with Amazon S3, Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 4, Table 10
- STG333 – Migrate and modernize SFTP file transfer workflows with AWS, Venetian, Level 3, Lido 3005
- STG335-R – [REPEAT] Reduce TCO for your file-based applications, Aria, Level 2 East, Mariposa 3
1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- STG201-L – Leadership session: Storage state of the union, Venetian, Level 2, Titian 2202
2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- STG318-R – [REPEAT] Amazon S3 Glacier and Amazon S3 Glacier Deep Archive, Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 2, Table 6
3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
- STG205-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Data migration: Understanding the technologies and options, Aria, Level 3 West, Starvine 2
- STG347 – Choosing the right storage for your high-performance workloads, Aria, Level 1 East, Joshua 4
- STG206-R – [REPEAT] Stop managing SFTP servers today, Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 4, Table 6
- STG334-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Optimizing performance on Amazon S3, Aria, Level 2 East, Mariposa 3
- STG402 – Querying data in place with Amazon S3 and analytics tools, MGM, Level 3, North Concourse 307
- STG211 – How to use AWS storage for on-premises file-based applications, Venetian, Level 2, Titian 2202
- STG336 – Using hybrid cloud storage to close a data center and migrate, Venetian, Level 3, Murano 3201A
3:15 – 5:30 p.m.
- STG315-R – [REPEAT] Amazon S3 security settings and controls, Venetian, Level 4, Delfino 4003
4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- STG323-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Amazon FSx for Lustre: High-performance file system with Amazon S3, Mirage, Grand Ballroom B, Table 1
- STG203-R – [REPEAT] What’s new with Amazon S3 and Amazon S3 Glacier, Aria, Level 3 West, Ironwood 5
4:45 – 5:45 p.m.
- STG310-R – [REPEAT] Edge computing use cases: Deep dive on AWS Snowball Edge, Mirage, St. Croix A
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- STG231-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Lift and shift your tape-based backup workflows to AWS, Mirage, Grand Ballroom B, Table 1
- STG229-R – [REPEAT] Optimizing Amazon S3 data throughputs, requests, and transfers, Mirage, Grand Ballroom B, Table 2
- STG220 – How to move 700 TB over the wire to AWS with AWS DataSync, Mirage, Antigua A
- STG217 – Shift your tape backups to AWS to save time and money, MGM, Level 1, Grand Ballroom 119
6:15 – 7:15 p.m.
- STG311-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Using Amazon S3 and Amazon S3 Glacier for backup and data protection, Aria, Level 1 East, Joshua 4
- STG364 – Securing Amazon EFS for container and data science applications, Venetian, Level 4, Marcello 4403
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- STG308-R – [REPEAT] Deep dive on security in Amazon S3 and Amazon S3 Glacier, Aria, Plaza Level East, Orovada 3
- STG359-R1 – [REPEAT 1] Best practices for implementing a data lake on Amazon S3 ft. AppsFlyer, Venetian, Level 3, Murano 3203
7:00 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.
- STG328 – Build a simple trade-reconciliation platform with AWS services, Venetian, Level 4, Marcello 4405
See you tomorrow!
Check back tomorrow for our post on all the AWS Storage sessions you can attend at day three of AWS re:Invent. Let us know in the comments below what sessions or re:Invent activities you are still looking forward to this week!